Mantanani Island Day Tour
Overview of the location
The Mantanani Islands are located Northwest of Kota Belud, 38km from the mainland. There are a total of three islands: Mantanani Besar, Mantanani Kecil, and Linggisan. We are located on mantanani Besar.
The islands boast of crystal clear blue waters filled with a myriad of marine life and white sandy beaches fringed by coconut palm trees. One of the main reasons that the Mantanani Islands is popular for local and tourists alike is because of its picturesque scenery, cool breezes, and serene environment.
Mantanani is also home to few endangered bird species like the Lesser frigate birds, Nicobar pigeons or the Mantanani scop owls, making the place a paradise for bird lovers.
The Mantanani Besar community has approximately one thousand people from the Bajau ethnic group. They rely on sea produce as their main source of income, but with the recent development of the island as a tourist destination, more job opportunities have been made available for the locals.
7:15 am – Pick-up from hotel
7:45 am – Depart to Kota Belud town
9:15 am – Arrive at our jetty at Kota Belud
9:30 am – Depart for Mantanani Island
10:15 am – Arrive at Mantanani Island then proceed for 1st snorkeling session (We might directly conduct the 2nd snorkeling session if weather permits)
12:00 pm – Back to Beach for lunch
1:30 pm – For snorkelers – swim/snorkel at house reef
2:30 pm – Depart back to jetty
3:15 pm – Arrive at jetty
4:00 pm – Depart for Kota Kinabalu
6:30 pm – Arrive at hotel
- Return land and sea transfer from Kota Kinabalu / Kota Belud Jetty / Mantanani Island
- BBQ lunch and drinking water
- Snorkeling equipment (Excluding fins)
- 2 Times boat snorkeling (If weather permits) 20 mins each.
* The management reserves the right to change venue / postpone or cancel the tour if weather conditions do not permit for the safety and well being of the guests.
* The staff and management will try their best to update guests regarding weather conditions a day before the tour starts.
* All the above packages are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia.