3 Days 2 Nights MT. KINABALU CLIMB
KOTA KINABALU / KINABALU PARK HQ / RESORT
- Pickup from your hotel lobby or airport and depart on a 2 hours journey to Kinabalu
- Park Headquarter.
- En route passing by villages and a panoramic vista of the valleys of the Crocker Range.
- Along the way, take a brief stop at Nabalu. Nabalu is a place where the local natives gather to sell local produce, fruits, home grown vegetables and handicraft souvenirs.
- Check into Kinabalu Park Hostel or similar.
- Rest of the day you are free at leisure.
- Dinner will be served at Balsam restaurant and overnight.
PARK HQ / TIMPOHON GATE / ASCEND MOUNT KINABALU / PANALABAN
- Breakfast at Park Restaurant. Thereafter, collect your packed lunch.
- Proceed to the Park HQ to register for the climb.
- Our guide will arrange for all necessary registrations, assign you a mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG.
- Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
- You’ll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins! The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours.
- The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
- Arrive and check into Panalaban Base Camp @ 3,272m or similar in the late afternoon.
- Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight.
(Buffet Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Buffet Dinner)
- (02:00hrs) Wake up for early supper and depart for continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
- The journey up to the Low’s peak @ 4,095m will test your fitness and determination.
- Depending on speed of trekking, you might be able to experience the glorious sunrise over the majestic Mt. Kinabalu if weather permits.
- (07:00hrs) Descend back to Panalaban for late breakfast and check out. Trek down to Timpohon Gate for transfer back to the Kinabalu Park Headquarter (est. arrival 13:00hrs to 15:00hrs).
- Congratulations, you can now collect your Certificate of Achievement!
- Buffet Lunch will be served at the Balsam restaurant in Kinabalu Park.
- Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu City. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
(Early Supper, Breakfast, Buffet Lunch)
~ END OF TOUR ~
02 Breakfasts, 02 Lunches, 02 Dinners & 01 Supper
Meals as Stated, 02 Nights Accommodation, Entrance Fee, Return Airport/Hotel Transfer (Seat-In-Coach), Return Transfer (Park HQ – Timpohon Gate – Park HQ), Mountain Guide, Climbing Insurance, Climbing Permit and Certificate, English Speaking Support Team
01 Night Kinabalu Park Hostel – Grace / Rock (Dormitory Bunk-bed room with sharing bathroom & toilet)
01 Night Panalaban Assorted Huts (Non-Heated Dormitory Bunk-bed with sharing bathroom & toilet)
Airfares, Optional Tipping & Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned
Note on Meals Arrangement:
Lunch will be converted to packed lunch on Day 02 (Mt Kinabalu Descent) for climbers who arrived late and missed the lunch timing.
Balsam Restaurant Lunch Time: 12:00 – 16:00hr.
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb:
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing/Long sleeves shirt/Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 – 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of RM10 per piece prior climb.
Things You Wish To Bring:
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
Do take note that your passport will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
Friendly Note From Sabah Parks:
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
Children below 15 years old must fill in the indemnity form upon registration at Park Headquarters.