2 DAYS 1 NIGHT LOW’S PEAK CIRCUIT ( EXTREME LEVEL )
KOTA KINABALU / KINABALU PARK HQ / TIMPOHON GATE / ASCEND MOUNT KINABALU / PENDANT HUT
- (06:00 Hrs – 06:45 Hrs) Pick-up from your hotel lobby and depart on a 2 hrs journey to Kinabalu Park Headquarter. Collect your packed lunch.
- (09:00hr) Our guide will arrange for all necessary registrations, assign you a mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG.
- Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
- You’ll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins!
- The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours.
- The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
- (15:00hr) Arrive at Pendant hut @ 3,289m and settle in.
- (15:30hr) Attend the mandatory Via Ferrata familiarization in Pendant Hut and meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
- (18:00hr) Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight at Pendant Hut.
- (20:00hr) Lights out.
(Packed Lunch, Buffet Dinner)
LOW’S PEAK / LOW’S PEAK CIRCUIT / DESCEND MOUNT KINABALU / KOTA KINABALU
- (01:30hr) Wake up for early supper & pack up.
- (02:30hr) Continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
- (05:40hr) Summit Low’s peak @ 4,095m and catch the sunrise.
- (06:00hr) Descend Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
- (06:30hr) Meet your via ferrata trainer at the 7.5 km mark for Low’s Peak Circuit via ferrata experience (intermediate via ferrata, 4 to 5 hrs, French grade AD)
- (11:00hr) Return to Pendant Hut for a well earned late breakfast.
- (12:00hr) Check out of Pendant Hut.
- Descend to Timpohon Gate.
- Arrive at Timpohon Gate (Est. arrival 16:00hrs to 18:00hrs) and transfer to headquarter to collect certificate of achievement.
- Lunch will be served in Kinabalu Park.
- Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu city. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
(Early Supper, Breakfast, Lunch)
~ END OF TOUR ~
01 Breakfast, 02 Lunches, 01 Dinners & 01 Supper
Meals as Stated, 01 Night Accommodation, Entrance Fee, Return Hotel Transfer (Seat-In-Coach), Return Transfer (Park HQ – Timpohon Gate – Park HQ), Mountain Guide, Ferrata Trainer, Climbing Insurance, Climbing Permit and Certificates, English Speaking Support Team
01 Night Pendant Hut @ Panalaban (Non-Heated Dormitory Bunk-bed with sharing bathroom & toilet)
Airfares, Optional Tipping & Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned
Note on Meals Arrangement:
Lunch will be converted to packed lunch on Day 02 (Mt Kinabalu Descent) for climbers who arrived late and missed the lunch timing.
Balsam Restaurant Lunch Time: 12:00 – 16:00hr.
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb:
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing/Long sleeves shirt/Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 – 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of RM10 per piece prior climb.
Things You Wish To Bring:
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
Do take note that your passport will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
Important Mountain Torq Policy For All Ferrata Climbers:
Climbers MUST present their original passports/IC for climb registration at Kinabalu Park HQ on the actual day of climb. Please bring it along with you.
Climbers MUST attend the compulsory Ferrata briefing/training session in Pendant Hut between 15:00hrs-16:00hrs(Latest Cut-off time) on 1st day of climb.
Climbers MUST descend & arrive at starting point by 07:00hrs (LPC) or 07:30hrs (WTT) for each activity (Latest Cut-off time) on 2nd day of climb.
All Ferrata activities will be conducted together in mix groups by qualified Mountain Torq Ferrata trainers.
Climbers who fail to comply with the timing will not be able to proceed with the selected complimentary Ferrata activity. NO reimbursement shall be made.
Ferrata activity can be cancelled due to bad weather for the safety of all climbers, NO reimbursement shall be made.
* Please do not rush or be disappointed should you not be able to make it on time or if the activity is cancelled. Safety comes first, as you can still reach the Low’s Peak summit without going through the Ferrata activity.
Friendly Note From Sabah Parks:
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
Children below 15 years old must fill in the indemnity form upon registration at Park Headquarters.
A Little about this trip!
MINIMUM 2 PERSON TO GO!